Rechercher dans ce blog

Saturday, August 22, 2020

Ranking the fried chicken fast food places in Stillwater: - Daily O'Collegian

meat.indah.link

If there’s three things that Stillwater has an abundance of, it’s the color orange, poorly-paved roads and fried chicken restaurants. 

Over the past few months, I’ve fallen in love with some of these places thanks to their drive-thru convenience during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here’s my definitive fast-food fried chicken ranking in Stillwater.

 

6. Slim Chickens: I have no idea who actually eats at Slim Chickens. Do you think anyone has ever woken up in the morning and said, “Today’s gonna be a good day. I get to eat at Slim Chickens?” No, they haven’t. The chicken is dry and not marinated well at all. The sauce falls short in  those rankings. With these critiques aside, I will say that Slim Chickens has milkshakes, which many of the other restaurants do not, and they make a mean potato salad. However, milkshakes and potato salad are not bringing me to this drive-thru.

 

5. Chick Fil A (Student Union): This might be controversial: the Student Union Chick Fil-A is not made with love. There’s a stark difference between the quality in this one and the quality in the one on Perkins Road. I’ve had chicken be rushed, raw and gross at this particular location, which is something I’ve never gotten at off-campus locations. Add the fact that the menu here is super limited and you get a fried chicken nightmare. Not a fan.

 

4. KFC: Lots of people hate on the colonel, but I don’t get it. Sure, the “bone-in chicken” is pretty nasty, I won’t argue that. However, my life changed when I started getting the tenders here. If you get a five-buck box with tenders, mashed potatoes and their delicious biscuits, you’re going to have a great time at this place. 

 

3. Raising Canes: What Canes lacks in chicken flavor they make up for in their sides. I love their crinkle fries, amazing Cane’s sauce and the Texas toast. The only problem that I have with Canes, other than the flavorless chicken, is their menu variety. You can only get a combination of the same couple items. I think if they add more, specifically some spicy tenders, this place would skyrocket in my rankings. Side note: next time you’re there, ask for their honey mustard. It’s the best tasting honey mustard I’ve ever had.

 

2. Chick-Fil-A (Perkins Road): Now, this is what I’m talking about. We all know the greatness of Chick-Fil-A, so I won’t have to go too in-depth here. But the menu variety, delicious flavor, home-like atmosphere and excellent service make this a top-notch chicken place. I’m a huge spicy chicken guy, and the spicy sandwich from Chick-Fil-A hits the spot. However, it still doesn’t beat Popeyes.

1. Golden Chick: Golden Chick’s commitment to great food inspires me every day. When I first had Golden Chick, I was severely disappointed and it was extremely forgettable. The next time I saw it was when my friend Jared A’Latorre kept insisting we go get Golden Chick.I figured I’ll give it another go. This time I finally asked for the spicy tenders meal with their outstanding mashed potatoes, mouth watering yeast rolls and the tenders. The tenders unlike any other thing I’ve ever tasted. Their “Lotta Zing” seasoning brings their regular tenders from 3/10 to 11/10. Add that to their awesome environment and sweet logo and you’ve got the best chicken place in town. Some may see this as an all-out endorsement for Golden Chick, but that’s simply not true. I’m just trying to be like Jared and bring Golden Chick to your taste buds.

The Link Lonk


August 21, 2020 at 06:42AM
https://ift.tt/3j5lCYD

Ranking the fried chicken fast food places in Stillwater: - Daily O'Collegian

https://ift.tt/38mRq7q
Fried Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Monterey Beef Rice Skillet | Food & Recipes from the Farm | lancasterfarming.com - Lancaster Farming

meat.indah.link Ingredients 1 pound hamburger 1 cup uncooked rice 2-1/2 cups water 1 onion, chopped 1 teaspoon salt 1 pint tomato ...

Popular Posts